You may have noticed the growing popularity of Brazilian Portuguese. Thinking of adding it to your language combination? Fancy polishing your C in Brazil?
AIIC colleagues Raquel Schaitza* and Richard Laver**, experienced professional conference interpreters and trainers, invite you to interpreter training workshops in Curitiba on 9-13 February 2015. This very intensive one-week course is open to members and non-members of AIIC alike.
Curitiba is a city definitely worth visiting! You will find it surprisingly different from the rest of Brazil. Known for its green parks and innovative transportation system, it has a lot to offer. And Carneval is just the week after!
What you can expect:
– Simultaneous and consecutive practice with live and recorded speeches
– Continuous assistance and feedback from novice Portuguese A interpreters
– Remote feedback by guest interpreter trainers from renowned interpreting programs in Brazil
– Portuguese language exercises and exposure to different accents of Brazilian Portuguese
– Cultural activities
– Optional, for an additional fee, private or small-group Portuguese language sessions given by Portuguese as a Foreign Language teachers from the Federal University of Parana’s Intercultural Language Center (CELIN), a reference in PFL teaching in Brazil
– Optional homestay with a Brazilian family
More information about the course in Curitiba
A shorter version of the same programme will be offered on 13 and 14 January 2015, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, just before the AIIC Assembly. More information about the course in Addis
*Raquel Schaitza (PT A; EN B) is a freelance interpreter with 25 years of experience. Raquel offers a regular short-term interpreter training program in Curitiba and was also a simultaneous interpreting trainer at Estacio de Sa University in São Paulo, Brazil.
**Richard Laver (PT and EN A; ES C) is a freelance interpreter based in Rio with 18 years of experience. In his capacity as the current AIIC Council Member for Brazil, he has been involved with novice interpreters via VEGA activities.